Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Meatballs a la Sausage

Jamie's Georgia episode is playing on 4oD in the other tabbed window as I am tapping this out. Jamie has just prepared a surf 'n turf dish as his interpretation of "soul food" of the deep south. 

The verdict from the restauranteur's 81 year old mother is, "Well Mr Jamie, you'll have to come a little bit tighter with your salt", delivered in her syrupy southern drawl. 


But I didn't jump online to share my thoughts on his lack of seasoning.

Surf was prawns, Turf was meatballs...but did he prepare the latter from scratch? Oh no, he squeezed them straight out from a sausage! I was delighted, because although this sounds like cheating, I did the exact same thing last night for dinner! 

I was bored of the remaining half pack of sizzlers, so I turned the filling into super quick meatballs. A generous splash of soy sauce reduced with sauteed onions, bamboo shoots and pickled bok choy made a yummy-tummy sweet and sour topping on egg noodles. 


But Mr Jamie still has one up on me...I removed the casing before meatball-ing. How inefficient.


1 comment:

  1. Amy, cornmeal can be found at Arjuna (the health food store) on Mill Road. Mina has the knowledge for most random ingredients so she can be your source consultant she is prepared!!!

    ooh would love a meatball right now ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete